Официальный форум ColorRiver

Программные и аппаратные решения для фотобизнеса Фотокиоски, Фототерминалы, ПО imaTouch
Текущее время: 24 авг 2019, 00:17

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Is trying to print your own photos even worth it?
СообщениеДобавлено: 20 июн 2018, 16:05 

Hello,

TL;DR Our printer died and wifey wants a new one. Reviews are all over the place. One publication says great, the next says terrible. Considering just paying someone else to print them. Is it worth it? Longer version: our Canon all in one died. My wife wants to replace it. We are expecting our first child in the summer and there will be many a photo taken. She wants to get a printer that is a.) affordable and b.) produces great prints - I know, who doesn't? I've looked at Consumer Reports, Amazon reviews, CNet, PC Mag, PC World... so many opinions. So much noise. Canon's have been blasted for cleaning the inkjet heads every time you turn it on leading to $0.50 - $1 per page print ink costs. Epson for poor construction and ink costs. Many reviews on the $200 or less printers (Canon MX870, 8620, 8120... Epson Artisan 837, several others) talk of poor build quality and high ink costs. I've been using 123inkjets for a while with no problems, but it looks like for the newer printers they don't have remanufactured available or if they do the are similar cost to going to Office Depot/Max/Staples. I need to be able to print documents, too. Maybe 10-50 pages per month max depending on what my wife needs for the classroom/lesson plans. I can keep the old Canon for scanning (maybe 4-8 times per year) as necessary. I've considered getting a home laser for documents and then using online service/local shop to print. (Would love recommendations there.)
My questions:1. Is owning a $200-250 or less inkjet printer worth it for printing photos?2. Would it be better to have a home laser printer for docs and use a service for photos? I've invested about 2 hours this morning looking at reviews, through my hands in the air, and thought Ars might be able to guide me. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic ... &t=1189707
Brand Video Production Company

Thank you

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа